Submitted by An'Jou C. White, C'87, VUUNAA President
We all have memorable destinations along our journeys through life, and although we may have journeyed near and far, they are part of our personal stories. Likewise, our VUU experiences have shaped who we have become and made us better family members, colleagues, neighbors, and alumni. To that end, I am humbled to serve as the President of the VUU National Alumni Association for the next two years.
Like many of you, I am Reimagining Excellence for a new VUUNAA and more than excited for what’s ahead. Our lives are full with developing careers, connecting with family, raising kids, traveling, and more. So, I am asking you to find a way to give back to the VUUNAA through your time, talent, and treasure – today and for the future.
This is the year to engage with the University and your fellow alumni. We need you in so many ways:
- Attend and participate in activities and events, whether live or virtual
- Become a member of the alumni association to show your support for your alma mater
- Young alums, become involved with the Pre-Alumni Council to assist students and share how VUU shaped your life and provided you with a community for life
- Join the student mentoring program
- Volunteer to participate on one of our VUUNAA committees
- Display your pride by wearing VUU and VUUNAA gear
- Consider a financial gift to your home at 1500 N. Lombardy Street by giving directly to the University or via the VUUNAA
There are so many ways to give back. I ask you to find one or more that works for you.
Do your part to keep the VUU legacy. It’s time to give back with Excellence!
AńJou C. White ‘87